Luna and I went to a carnival yesterday. She went on a bouncy castle and as she came down the slide inside, the woman who was monitoring the kids said coldly, "One at a time, please!" Well, Luna became upset. I told her that I agreed that her tone was unkind, but she was trying to make sure everyone played safely.
We went on to other activities and as we were leaving we passed by the bouncy castle. Luna said she wanted to tell the woman to talk nicer next time but, because I'm nonconfrontational to a fault, I tried to discourage her: "It's o.k., Luna. It's time to go." Luna pressed harder and I responded, "It's been a while. She probably won't know what you're talking about." Luna replied, "I'll say it in words that she can understand."
Luna walked over to the woman and said," Next time when you ask kids to go one at a time, could you say it nicer, please?"
-Steven
1 comment:
And what did the woman reply? Regardless, way to go, Luna. Way To Go.
Post a Comment