True story. Luna repeatedly called for Sol to "turn the little knob on the door" to unlock it. At one point, he got quiet and replied, "OK, Mama." But he actually didn't understand, because when he got to the door, he simply tried to turn the knob to open it. When that didn't work, he started crying again.
It's the only room in the house that's not accessible from a porch, so when he locked himself in, I climbed a tall ladder, removed the screen, and pried open the window. There was nothing to lean against so that I could climb in, so I just had to fall onto a pile of cardboard, play bricks. Got scratches on my legs to prove it. Sol says the scratches came from when I fell down. When I got up and grabbed Sol, he cried, "I need Mama." So I opened the door, which was very confusing to him, since it appeared that the only way in or out must be the window. Outside the door was a pile of pens, scissors, screwdrivers and so forth. When I asked Shana about them, she said she "tried everything I could find to see what would fit."
Luna was a great help, too. She talked to Sol through the door, made sure the ladder was straight, and handed me the screwdriver that I would use to pry open the window.
He seems to have forgotten the whole thing, but my guess is that this memory will play out somehow down the line.
No comments:
Post a Comment