Friday, April 30, 2010

An extraordinary father-daughter moment

I had an extraordinary father-daughter moment this evening.

Luna, Sol, and I were driving around the neighborhood hanging up signs for our garage sale tomorrow morning. Unusually, Luna was allowed to sit in the front seat. We were both very excited about this. It's quite nice having my little buddy sittin' shotgun. She held the folder of signs and the sharpie that she would use to draw directional arrows on signs before they were hung.

She asked me to turn the radio way up, "not like mom has it," and said that she wanted to hear some rock 'n roll. When I turned the radio to Heart's Barracuda, she was quite pleased. When Metallica came on, she was soon bored. But when AC/DC started to play, she leaned over to yell in my ear, "That's my style of music!" I proceeded to teach her the heavy metal hand signal (not to be confused with the Sign of the UT Longhorns) and how to headbang as she kicked her flashing LED shoes to the beat.

When all the signs had been hung, she asked that we drive around just a bit longer. Soon we arrived home. I told her, "Just so you know, that was a fabulous father-daughter moment." About a minute later, she told me, "I don't want to ruin it, but I'm hungry."

Not ruined at all (even though she stayed up 2 hours past her bedtime).

1 comment:

Kesha LaFleur Brindell said...

This is so incredibly, deliciously sweet... :) Thanks for sharing! :)