I saw your blog link on the Austin Mama's group. I'm an adoptive parent as well to an 8 week old precious little girl! Your family is absolutely beautiful! I'm so happy for this bundle of joy that has found his home with you!
At times, I thought my in-laws have been a little lacking in enthusiasm. Mostly, I think they are just nervous and uptight in general and would have probably had a similar reaction to any baby (bio or adopted). However, I do think the "unknowns" of adoption freaked them out a bit. But like you, thank goodness, we have friends that we treasure! I feel like you should just enjoy this wonderful ride that life has taken you on. Love happens, you know.
1 comment:
I saw your blog link on the Austin Mama's group. I'm an adoptive parent as well to an 8 week old precious little girl! Your family is absolutely beautiful! I'm so happy for this bundle of joy that has found his home with you!
At times, I thought my in-laws have been a little lacking in enthusiasm. Mostly, I think they are just nervous and uptight in general and would have probably had a similar reaction to any baby (bio or adopted). However, I do think the "unknowns" of adoption freaked them out a bit. But like you, thank goodness, we have friends that we treasure! I feel like you should just enjoy this wonderful ride that life has taken you on. Love happens, you know.
Take care,
Nichole
Post a Comment