Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Luna says...

1. Luna is very interested in rocks these days. I've moved her considerably beyond her obsession with baby dolls by encouraging her interest in rocks, so we go to a local, fancy "rock shop" called Crystal Works almost weekly. I took her there when she was about 2 years old, but she picked up a large, spherical rock and dropped it. So I delayed the next trip for about a year.

Luna has quite a collection now, and together we've learned about desert rose (gypsum), selenite, amethyst, moonstone, fluorite, celestite, vegeosite, aragonite, orange and honey calcite, petrified wood, rose quartz, and more. [She can name 'em all.] On a recent trip to Crystal Works, Luna picked up quite a bit of rocks, so I asked her, "Luna, are you gonna buy all those rocks?" She replied, "Oh, I just can't be on a budget."

2. When Luna picked up the phone today Shana asked her, "Luna, who are you calling?" Luna replied, "Dustbusters."

No comments: